[ RadSafe ] pyrophoric uranium considered nonessential

Roy.Herren at med.va.gov Roy.Herren at med.va.gov
Thu Jul 7 19:16:27 CEST 2005

James,

	Apparently I do work under the chain of command of Jonathan Perlin,
and a slew of other people that I do not know.  However I am a left coaster,
and he is not.  The opinions and questions that I posed were mine, and mine
alone.  I really appreciate the attempt to make my questions into a part of
some great conspiracy; however that just isn't the case.

	By your own admission, the potential ill consequence of the use of
depleted uranium as munitions isn't a consequence of radiation or
radioactive material contamination.  If your real objective here is to
protest the war, and the process by which it is being fought as is evidenced
by your statement, "A "timely" demise would be about six decades later,
after our diplomatic corps had been allowed to do their work resulting in
the enemy combatant being reclassified to allied alien status", then perhaps
you should focus your attentions into a more suitable format than RADSAFE.

Roy Herren
Physical Science Technician
Radiation Safety Branch of the Radiology Department
Veterans Affairs Medical Center San Francisco, CA