[ RadSafe ] Re: dumbing down-raDSAFE TRAINING

DWard67262 at aol.com DWard67262 at aol.com
Thu Jul 7 20:47:41 CEST 2005

Although paying teachers more is a fine idea, and I'm sure would be
appreciated by the teachers, I don't believe that low teachers salaries is the root
cause. From what I learn in discussions with teachers, they all say basically the
same: they teach the drivel that is given them by the educational system.
They may know better, but they are forced to propagate the poppycock.

I ha a major falling out with my boss a year ago on a mercifully short
teaching assignment. He had asked me to teach a class in Radworker 1&2, and I told
him that I would be glad to but that I would not teach material that I knew was
incorrect. He really threw a tantrum. The  lecture notes and power point
presentations indicated, among other things, that " neutrons were electromagnetic
radiation with a charge of plus two units and a mass of four".  We didn't
break this deadlock gracefully. I refused to teach material which I knew was
totally false.

Dave Ward