[ RadSafe ] Article on Wired on Thorium reactors

John R Johnson idias at interchange.ubc.ca
Fri Jul 8 23:22:03 CEST 2005

Franz et al

My experience with NORM includes radiation protection "training" in the
northern British Columbia "oil patch" and as a member of the ANSI TE NORM
committee. I thought that the radium isotopes
that are Th-Nat progeny (Ra-228 and Ra-224) and thoron progeny were of more
concern than thorium itself.

FYI, The last I heard, the ANSI report will be published "soon" and I have a
"final draft" (Feb. 2005) of a Canadian report on the management of NORM in
waste.  I can see if this draft can be forwarded if anyone is interested.

Regards

John