AW: RE: AW: [ RadSafe ] DNA Damage and Oxydative Processes

Pete_Bailey at fpl.com Pete_Bailey at fpl.com
Tue Jul 12 13:39:37 CEST 2005

"Rainer,  the LNT model has been around for about 30
years. What changes has it caused over this time?  The
only one I know of is the lowering of the public dose
limit from 5 mSv to 1 mSv. A nusance but manageable. "

A BIG nusance !

Put your lawyer hat on:

    If the dose had to be lowered from 5 to 1,
    then the exposure-risk must be worse than
    originally thought . . .

and add your power plant HP hat:

    We're going to continue jumping thru our butt
    over tiny, tiny amounts of RAM.
    We'll never get releif (e.g., Below Reg Concern)
    because there is no safe exposure level. . .

We are doomed to spend mega-bucks chasing gnats-o-curies.

TTFN