AW: [ RadSafe ] Re: Residential radon risk

Bernard Cohen blc+ at pitt.edu
Wed Jun 1 16:40:03 CEST 2005

    My personal research on this consisted of showing that dust
eliminators drastically reduce WL in my own home. I have done this with
several types of dust eliminators. My attempts to measure unattached
fractions have not been convincing to me.
    There were published studies involving measurements of unattached
fractions, of net effects of dust removal syatems, and they indicated
very little reduction in radiation dose. Unfortunately, I don't remember
the references -- I vaguely remember that the authors may have been from
General Electric. Dade Moeller was pushing very hard at one time for
electrostatic precipitators as a solution to the problem of radon in
homes, but he made very little headway. It is my impression that this
was because of the studies I refer to, so he may remember the references.