[ RadSafe ] Letter to the Muskegon Chronicle]

bobcherry at cox.net bobcherry at cox.net
Thu Jun 9 22:58:56 CEST 2005

Ah, me!

Mr. Salsman is correct to point out that I "have no training in reproductive toxicology or heavy metal toxicity" and that I am not a "medical doctor." Of course, I have never made such claims. (And, ironically, the activists accuse me of ad hominen attacks.) However, I have a great deal of training and experience in BS detection and I detect a lot of it from him.

The Army did not assign me "in 2000 to reply to a Nuclear Regulatory Commission petition on DU munitions." As Army Radiation Safety Officer at Headquarters, Department of the Army, it was my duty to do so. No one assigned me. Under my own authority and responsibility, I "assigned" myself.

Dr. Durakovic is not a retired Army colonel. He was on active duty for a while. He may still be a reserve colonel, but he does not have enough service credit for retirement as far as I know.

In his short tirade, Salsman made some other mistakes, but I have listed enough for you to get the gist. Again, someone is spouting activists' propaganda and writing about research but not doing it himself.

"Merely" Bob, but that is enough for me

PS. This is the last Radsafe will hear from me on this thread unless it is to report publication of my letter, but I will watch Radsafe with interest for what happens next.