[ RadSafe ] WISE Uranium caluclators etc

James Salsman james at bovik.org
Tue Jun 14 00:13:57 CEST 2005

Yes, I'm wrong; I was doing uranyl nitrate, got much less radiation,
switched to the same quantity of UO3, and missed that the decimal
point had jumped two places.  Beyond that I was using the LD50/30 for
uranyl nitrate, too.

-- Inhalation, using dose coefficients from ICRP 72 (public) --

5 g UO2(NO3)2 of natural uranium
(depleted to 0.2 wt% U-235 from enrichment to 3.5 wt% U-235)

  (single exposure)

Delay        0 years: Dose: 22.51 mSv
Delay        1 years: Dose: 22.62 mSv

== 2.3 rem