[ RadSafe ] Clinton Takes on Uranium Inhalation Poisoners

bobcherry at cox.net bobcherry at cox.net
Tue Jun 28 18:49:49 CEST 2005

You know that if health physicists were a disreputable group (and I maintain that we aren't), then we would concede all of the activists' alarms and hysteria about severe radiation hazards at levels of ionizing and nonionizing radiation exposure less than 10 or so times above, at, or below environmental levels. Then we could increase our salaries, membership in our profession, span of control, prestige, number of academic and leadership appointments, number and value of research grants, etc., accordingly.

Yet we don't concede the activists' "points," because we prefer to tell the truth. So we remain as we are: responsible scientists, with our self-respect and scientific reputations intact, who provide our best advice to our employers and to the public.

Bob