[ RadSafe ] Medical Radiological Technician Oversight

Gv1 at aol.com Gv1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 04:15:09 CEST 2005

I would imagine the human error prevention barriers are few, since the
perceived risk from being off on a diagostic x-ray is considered to be 0 in the
medical field.  Event reports show the medical community believes being off by a
rem or two or even 10's of rem are considered to represent "minimal" risk,
therefore I doubt many resources would be set aside for the no reduction in risk
from diagnostic x-rays.

Here's some sad humor.  My wife was recently in San Antonio with other family
members while I was at the nuclear power plant doing whatever it is that I'm
supposed to do.  The emergency room staff thought she might have pneumonia, so
they wanted a chest x-ray.  They perform a CT scan instead of a chest x-ray.
I waiting for the insurance company to balk for excessive charges.  I don't
think I need to say much my thoughts about unnecessary excess exposure...

Glen