[ RadSafe ] Re: Nuclear Power Plant Effluents / EMP, "Nuclear War Surviva...

Stabin, Michael michael.g.stabin at Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue Mar 1 12:36:07 CET 2005

>I myself am more concerned about an attack on a chlorine shipment an
ammonia shipment, a shipment of propane or natural gas, and I don't take
protective action there either.

Exactly. Bad events are happening all the time with these materials,
involving mass evacuations and sometimes loss of life, without any
terrorist intervention. These are among the least protected dangerous
substances in our society and would make a much easier target for an
attack or coordinated series of attacks.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP
Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Vanderbilt University
1161 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232-2675
Phone (615) 343-0068