[ RadSafe ] Re: Radioactive Material Stolen While Man In Don utShop

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 18:01:08 CET 2005

Well, sometimes if they cannot steal the car, they
will take what they can, like the radio, stereo
player, tools, moisture gauge, etc.  It they think it
has value, they may take it.  Obviously if something
is chained or locked down like a gauge or tool box,
they will take it.

--- MOSHEK <MosheK at sviva.gov.il> wrote:
> Hello Group,
>
> In Israel we faced several theft incidents. Most of
> them were of
> moisture/density gauges and one of radiography
> source. There is a clear cut
> difference between intended  theft of the gauge and
> the vehicle. When a
> moisture/density  gauge was taken out of its casing
> in the car, and the car
> left untouched - definitely the gauge was the
> target. When a car containing
> a gauge was stolen, usually the car was the target.
> The problem is that you
> can not be sure about it unless the gauge was
> found/returned and the car
> not, which may be, or not,  some time in the future.
> Meantime you have to
> assume that the source was the target and be ready
> to all possible
> scenarios.
>
> Moshe Keren
> Ministry of the Environment

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort." Herm Albright

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com