[ RadSafe ] U.S. Nuclear Power Industry Workers Study - Healthy Worker Effect

Susan Gawarecki loc at icx.net
Wed Mar 23 17:51:45 CET 2005

The report "Mortality Among Female Nuclear Weapons Workers" can be
downloaded at http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/pdfs/2001-133g17.pdf .  When you
get past the summary, which does its best to highlight findings of harm,
you will see that there is a strong "healthy worker" effect even in the
monitored workers.  The most harmful effect seems to be the mental
stress of working for DOE (my conclusion, not theirs).

Other energy-related studies can be found at

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/2001-133g.html

Susan Gawarecki