[ RadSafe ] nuclear weapons impact thread

Thomas Potter pottert at erols.com
Thu Mar 24 15:41:39 CET 2005

Damage to film was the initial mode of fallout detection at Kodak, as noted
at the following website:

http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/hiroshimatrinity/kodakfilm.htm

As related by Dr. G. Hoyt Whipple, an early HP who participated in the
investigation and who later directed the radiation protection program at the
University of Michigan for many years, the source was initially a mystery.

Thomas E. Potter