AW: [ RadSafe ] Position Announcement for RSO in Hawaii

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Fri Mar 25 22:50:54 CET 2005

Russell,

This posting seems to indicate that irradiation sterilisation has now
been finally approved for export of all kind of foodstuff like
pineapples and probably other plants as well from Hawaii. Having visited
Hawaii several times and having followed the thread on economically
based resistance to fruit irradiation I take your e-mail as an
indication that this resistance has been more or less broken.

I believe that not only me, but many other RADSAFErs would be interested
in a short description of the current legislation on irradiation of food
as applicable in Hawaii.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer