[ RadSafe ] Research - Training Responders (to radiation incident)

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Mon May 2 18:13:30 CEST 2005

Louis, the entire book "Nuclear War Survival Skills" by Cresson Kearny, OPNL edition updated in 1999 with foreword by Edward Teller, is available free online at www.oism.org/nwss
All your trainees should scan it.
Howard Long

LNMolino at aol.com wrote:
If anyone on this list could recommend books for me to use as a basis for
some research that I am planning to conduct I'd greatly appreciate it. Please
respond to me or to the list as I feel that this request is topical in keeping
with RADSAFE's "mission".

What I am seeking is any materials (books, chapters of books or articles
from respected sources) that could be sued as a basis for research on the whole
spectrum of emergency response as it relates to radiological and nuclear
materials and responses to incidents involving same.

The purpose of the research involving this material is to develop articles
and perhaps even book length works for use in training US based First
Responders (fire, HAZMAT, EMS, Police, etc) in incidents involving these materials.

If possible please include enough information for me to find said material
using the academic library resources that I have at my fingertips.

Again feel free to respond both on or off list.

Thanks in advance.

Louis N. Molino, Sr., CET
FF/NREMT-B/FSI/EMSI
LNMolino at aol.com
979-690-3607 (Home Office)
979-690-7550 (IFW Office)
979-412-0890 (Cell Phone)
979-690-7562 (IFW Fax)

"A Texan with a Jersey Attitude"

The comments contained in this E-mail are the opinions of the author and the
author alone. I in no way ever intend to speak for any person or
organization that I am in any way whatsoever involved or associated with unless I
specifically state that I am doing so. Further this E-mail is intended only for its
stated recipient and may contain private and or confidential materials
retransmission is strictly prohibited unless placed in the public domain by the
original author.