[ RadSafe ] Research help request

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 19:56:18 CEST 2005

Louis,
There are a number of sites on the internet that my
have printable documents.  For example
http://www.bt.cdc.gov/radiation/  (They have a section
for first responders.)

which leads to the DHS "National Rsponse Plan,"
http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interweb/assetlibrary/NRP_FullText.pdf

and "Medical Treatment of Radiological Casualties" at
http://www.va.gov/emshg/docs/Radiologic_Medical_Countermeasures_051403.pdf

and "Medical management of the acute radiation
syndrome: recommendations of the Strategic National
Stockpile Radiation Working Group," Annals of Internal
Medicine, June 15, 2004
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15197022

"Interim Guidelines for Hospital Response to Mass
Csualties from a Radiological Incident"
http://www.bt.cdc.gov/radiation/pdf/MassCasualtiesGuidelines.pdf

"Roundtable on Hospital Communications: Participants’
Comments, Ideas, & Recommendations - A Summary Report"
http://www.bt.cdc.gov/radiation/pdf/hospitalroundtablereport.pdf

============================
>From the County of Los Angeles, DHS, "TERRORISM AGENT
INFORMATION AND TREATMENT GUIDELINES FOR HOSPITALS AND
CLINICIANS"
http://www.labt.org/Zebra%20packet/Zebrafinal.pdf

American College of Radiology:  "Disaster Preparedness
for Radiology Professionals: Response to Radiological
Terrorism"
http://www.acr.org/s_acr/bin.asp?TrackID=&SID=1&DID=13945&CID=968&VID=2&DOC=File.PDF

There might be others, but this is what I have in my
folder.

--- LNMolino at aol.com wrote:
> If anyone on this list could recommend books for me
> to use as a basis for
> some research that I am planning to conduct I'd
> greatly appreciate it. Please
> respond to me or to the list as I feel that this
> request is topical in keeping
> with RADSAFE's "mission".
>
> What I am seeking is any materials (books, chapters
> of books or articles
> from respected sources) that could be sued as a
> basis for research on the whole
> spectrum of emergency response as it relates to
> radiological and nuclear
> materials and responses to incidents involving same.
>

> The purpose of the research involving this material
> is to develop articles
> and perhaps even book length works for use in
> training US based First
> Responders  (fire, HAZMAT, EMS, Police, etc) in
> incidents involving these materials.
>
> If possible please include enough information for me
> to find said material
> using the academic library resources that I have at
> my fingertips.
>
> Again feel free to respond both on or off list.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Louis N.  Molino, Sr., CET

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com