[ RadSafe ] Portal Monitors in Emergency Area

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 20:43:33 CEST 2005

I receive this through another list server, and
thought it might be of interest.
----------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 1:28 PM
Subject: Re: Portal Monitors in Emergency Area?

We have a bunch of hospitals in the NYC area. I
figured the reponse from multiple ED monitors could be
used to triangulate an RDD event. If you could
geographically map the signal from all the portal
monitors at ED's in NYC, for example, you could easily
get an idea of the "hot spot" of an event. It would be
like having a geographic nucmed uptake scan with
"uptake" to the "ED organ" (you could talk about
"excretion" for waste monitors too). I wrote a web
interface to such a thing (using Apache and PHP and
timed update scripts to Ludlum 375 data) and presented
it at the 2004 RSNA with hopes of getting more sites
(outside of our hospital group) to volunteer their
data by allowing the installation of timed network
script. I'm getting 12 dual detector 375's with web
cameras (to take snapshots of the scene at time of
alarm) for my specific hospital alone. More hospitals
are getting them. If you are interested in possibly
participating, do contact me.

The link:
http://rsna2004.rsna.org/rsna2004/V2004/conference/event_display.cfm?id=66601&p_navID=272&em_id=4417739

Sample:
http://138.5.217.86/portal/bimcinsertdata-form.html

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com