[ RadSafe ] Question on NRC-5

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Sat May 7 16:10:40 CEST 2005

On 6 May 2005 at 17:03, William Webber wrote:

> NRC FORM 5 (9-2004) block 3. ID TYPE
> The instructions on the back of the form lists the following choices:
> SSN = U.S. Social Security Number PPN = Passport Number CSI = Canadian
> Social Insurance Number WPN = Work Permit Number PADS = PADS
> Identification Number OTH = Other
>
> The Regulatory Guide 8.7 and prior NRC FORM 5 listed
> IND = INDEX Identification Number and not PADS.
>
> Could someone please tell me what PADS stands for and when to use it?

PADS (Personnel Access Data System) is a centralized records system
used by USA nuclear power plants where by transient worker dose,
training, medical history is input and is shared by all the planst
where the transient worker goes to. The worker has to authorize that
their information can be input and used by the various nuclear sites.

You would not use PADS.

Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/
Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/