[ RadSafe ] Overcoming America's nuclear power phobia

Marcel Schouwenburg M.Schouwenburg at TNW.TUDelft.NL
Thu May 12 08:57:45 CEST 2005

Posted on behalf of Y.C. Luan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the international radiation scientists and communiies would like to
prove the chronic radaition experienced in Taiwan (with dose-rate <1
mSv/hr) and
tell the world that the chronic radaition received by people  is always
beneficial to them, there will be no nuclear power phobia to nuclear
workers and pulbic.
If they know that health effcts of chronic radiation could reduce their
cancer mortality as I described in the 1999 ANS annual meeting in
Boston, they  would
eagerly to recieve  more chronic radaition from the nuclear power plants
and associated  radioactive wastes. But I am terrible sorry that many
policician for
the some kind election are just in sitting on ground in front of the
Legislative yuan(similar to US senate ) for demonstration and creating
the phobia of
nuclear power plants to the population in Taiwan. and this is why  I am
so old but still want to go to the international conferences in USA and
Canada, for
presentation of what I kown about the beneficial effects of chronic
radation. Once when the experience of radiation in Taiwan could be
internationally accipted.
The nuclear power phobia produed by the politicioan in Taiwan might be
forgetten, and Taiwan might give up its  non-nuclear land policy and
turn to be like
a country of Japan to develope its own energy sources.

Y.C.  Luan

Head Training Centre Delft
National Centre for Radiation Protection (Dutch abbr. NCSV)

Faculty of Applied Sciences / Reactor Institute Delft
Delft University of Technology
Mekelweg 15
NL - 2629 JB  DELFT
The Netherlands