[ RadSafe ] Overcoming America's nuclear power phobia]

Marcel Schouwenburg m.schouwenburg at tnw.tudelft.nl
Sun May 15 15:17:46 CEST 2005

Posted on behalf of Yuan-Chi Luan

Thank you Howard, and all  friends:

Who is really responsible for the sorry state of the nuclear power
development in all countries in the world? I would dare to say all the
health physicists should be blamed. I have been whole life as health
physicist for nuclear, biological and chemical weapons development, and
most years as the nuclear and radiation health physicist. I was never
authorized to give technological advices derived from my personal
conscience, I had to follow the private desire and interest of the
superior individual in my carrier until I retired completely. I do not
know how did Dr Gofman and Morgan deal with their responsibilities. While
many nuclear scientists now in Taiwan are telling people sun, wind and
biomass could be the better energy than nuclear and  start to study them,
I still tried my best to tell the international communities, even in a
accident the chronic radiation is always beneficial to humanity, and
proper doses could effective immune from cancers, though I was not given
any support. HPS tried to help with this incident would be surely
appreciated!

Jerry said bribe in his PS. Paying bribe to public is a part of social
activities. The RCA (Radio Corporation of America ) company ever inspired
Taiwan to elevate it  as a important electronic country. But when the
Co-60 contaminated incident started in 1992, the RCA was also learned by
people that the solvent trichlorethylence used by plants contaminated the
workers of the plants and the public in the surrounding environment. The
plants were shortly forced to close down and the company was going to be
suited for compensation in international court, as there were more than
200 cancer deaths and 1000 incidence of employee. Unfortunately there were
not lawsuits of the irradiated residents in the  compartments for
compensation, otherwise it will be difficult for me to know whether they
have been harmed by radiation, and there will be no thing to do with us.

Y.C. Luan