[ RadSafe ] Indoor Radon

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Thu May 19 04:22:51 CEST 2005

At 04:02 PM 5/18/2005, jjcohen wrote:
>Is there any chance that the EPA  model might actually predict lung cancer
>incidence from radon exposure
>with any accuracy?
No, since radiation induced cancer from protracted exposure to alpha or
beta radiation is non-linear and demonstrates a clear life time effective
threshold.

Also, I believe that Bernie Cohen's results are not a statistical fluke,
thus suggesting a possible beneficial effect at low exposure levels.

Otto

E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140