[ RadSafe ] Response to message from niton@mchsi.com

Bernard Cohen blc+ at pitt.edu
Fri May 20 17:37:01 CEST 2005

I don't understand why some people ignore my response to its line of reasoning which was proposed by Puskin. I have shown in

 "The Puskin observation on smoking as a confounder in ecological correlations of cancer mortality rates with average county radon levels, Health Phys 86:203-204;2004. (This is posted as item #15 on my web site  www.phyast.pitt.edu/~blc )

that there is no *possible* set of smoking data that would change the Puskin observation described below by Niton. Thus there can be no possible justification for his conclusion below that deficiencies in my data on smoking can explain my results.
	Furthermore, my papers go to great lengths to show that no remotely credible correlations between smoking prevalence and radon exposures can explain my data -- for a summary see Sec. 4.2 of item #7 on my web site www.phyast.pitt.edu/~blc

from: niton at mchsi.com:

. > strongly negative correlations are found for cancers strongly linked to