[ RadSafe ] Indoor Radon

Baratta, Edmond J EBARATTA at ORA.FDA.GOV
Fri May 20 18:57:41 CEST 2005

I agree with Susan, except that acetone is not benign.

Edmond J. Baratta
Radiation Safety Officer
Tel. No. 781-729-5700, ext 728
FAX: 781-729-3593

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On Behalf
Of Susan Gawarecki
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 12:13 PM
To: RADSAFE; dckosloff at firstenergycorp.com; ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Indoor Radon

Fingernail polish doesn't contain benzene.  I believe it uses acetone, which
is fairly benign.

Susan Gawarecki

Don Kosloff wrote:
<<Not to mention benzene exposure from gasoline and fingernail polish or
chlorine byproducts and arsenic aerosol from showering.  I know they have
warning labels on gas pumps in California, do they have warnings on bottles
of fingernail polish and at showers in public schools?>>