Computer programs for radionuclide inventory, etc.

Fido-To: all bbs participants

We are wondering here at Texas A&M University about the experience of other "broad licensees" with existing personal computer (or mainframe, for that matter) programs for control of inventory of radioactive materials, and the myriad of other activities tied in with a relatively large number of users, and a broad list of applications.  We are currently using a "home grown" program which runs in compiled BASIC, and would like to find something better.  We have seen advertisements for a couple of new packages:  MicroNIMS (Grove Engineering, Inc.) and CHAMP from Bill Schadt's company.  Are you familiar, or have experience, with either of these?  Others?  Your comments would be appreciated.  The program here at TAMU is sizable, with ~3000 radioactive material receipts each year, about 300 sub-licensees, about 400 laboratories to maintain rad safety control, etc.  Any comments, suggestions, or recommendations would be appreciated.  Reply through this HPS BBS, or phone me at (409)845-1301, or Fax to (409)845-1348.  Thanks!

--- msged 1.99S ZTC
--- eecp 1.45 LM2

 * Origin: Check Source BBS 217-244-6954  (1:233/13)
--
HPS - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)