Re: RADSAFE digest 35

A possible solution to the cold storage is to embalm the animals.  I have
been looking into that possibility.  We have just completed a study that
shows this to be a feasible method of holding large numbers of animals
...dogs, sheep, pigs that have been injected with microspheres.  I am planning
to stack the animals and store them at room temperature in a room specified
for holding radioactive waste.

I think we have to make sure the researcher is responsible in his/her work
practices wrt RAM disposal.  The time is here to consider not allowing animals
to be used in experiments using RAM unless the researcher has identified a
means for disposing of the animal caracsses.  Curr

Current disposal limitations are going to limit science's growth.  There are
somethings that can only be done using RAM...or at least are done faster and
better.  Non-isotopic techniques are improving and in some areas have the same
sensitivity and specificity as RAM techniques.

Please keep us informed on your solution to the microsphere problem.  200
dogs is a LOT!!