Re: Hologic QDR X-ray Bone Densitometer RAD Protection

>    I'm interested in the requirements for
>    operators, i.e. is there a special permit category for bone
>    densitometer operation or must the operator be certified to perform
>    "whole body" radiography?

In Ohio a registrant must have document and follow "safe operating
procedures" in which you state that you will only allow "trained"
operators to run the equipment.  In this case, we are using the
Hologic operator's certification as evidence of training and have
in-house education of radiation safety.

Carl

--
Carl Landis                        ad198@yfn.ysu.edu
Medical Physics Dept.              216-740-4409