Thanks for info on Bone Densitometers

Much thanks to everyone who responded with information on the Hologic
X-ray densitomers.  I have some confidence that we will not need to
find an alternate shielded location for the expected unit.  We will of
course perform surveys of the unit to assure that it is working within
specifications.

In Texas, these units are considered to be another diagnostic X-ray unit
when used for diagnostic puposes.  Operator's must be registered with
the State Board of Medical Examiners or the State Board of Nursing or
certified by the Bureau of Radiaiton Control.

Again, many thanks

James Sims, Ph.D., RSO
UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth

817-735-2697 (voice)