Tuballoy

Question: Is the metal turning at all radioactive?

My first guess would be that it might be some sort of cladding
alloy ala Zircaloy.

There were code names for different enrichments of uranium, but
I doubt that uranium would still be silvery if it has been around
for awhile.  I turns dark fairly rapidly when exposed to air.  I
am sure I have run across the term tuballoy somewhere... I'll
check with some of the Manhattan Project veterans around here
to see if they turn up anything.

Dale, dale@radpro.uchicago.edu