49 CFR 61

Hi all HP types!......... A question????

Regarding 40 CFR 61 ( the nighmare continues...) we are interpreting
the regulation regarding the boiling point to mean the boiling point
of the "ELEMENT" i.e. "the nuclide"....... to determine whether to
consider it a gas or not.  With this criteria, the only "nuclides"
which must be considered as a gas, based on elemental boiling points,
are tritium and chlorine-36.  At present we are not using any other
element with a boiling point > 100 degrees c.

Are there any other NRC licensees out there considering this
interpretation.........

We sure would appreciate any comments, thanks....

Andres Sinisterra/Ken Price       Sinisterra@sun1.uchc.edu

University of Connecticut Health Center