Re: Operational Check Sources

We used to use Coleman Lantern wicks as operational check sources.  If you
have old ones lying around, you can affix them to the side of GM meters.

The problem is that the radioactive ones(blue color) are not available
anymore, at least in RI.  The new wicks(gold color) are non radioactive.
So we are running low on our supply.  We are looking for places that still
sell the Thorium-impregnated wicks. If anyone knows where these are
available, I would appreciate hearing from them.