Operational Check Sources

Fido-To: romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu!miamiu.acs.muo

In a msg on <Feb 21 12:28>, romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu!MIAMIU.ACS.MUO of 1:233/13 writes:

 r> We are looking for a manufacturer/distributor of operational
 r> check sources that  can be unobtrusively affixed to the side
 r> of a GM meter.  Can anyone provide me  with a company and
 r> telephone number.  Many thanks.

Try your nearest K-Mart.  Unlimited supply of unlicensed GM check sources can be found in the camping supply section.  Take your GM with you and scan the shelves near the gas lanterns.  The mantles contain thorium and make excellent check sources.  We bought a whole bag of them to give to campus labs once and the bag read 3 mr/hr at contact :-)

--- msgedsq 2.1a
--- eecp 1.45 LM2

 * Origin: Cloud Chamber BBS, LurkNET HUB 217-684-2081 (1:233/15)
--
HPS - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)