Re: Container Identification

          It is possible that the inner glass ampoule contains 3H
          gas.  Many 3H liquids were packaged in glass ampoules also.
          While I have never encountered a broken ampoule that was
          still in its original shipping box or cylinder, I would
          still swipe the exterior of the metal cylinder to check for
          3H contamination.  Also when it comes time to open the metal
          cylinder I would only do so under an approved fume hood.
          Let us know what you find out is actually in the ampoule.

          Gene Forrer