Long-term Storage of Liquid Wastes

As a health physicist in one of those states about to be cut off from access to
a radioactive waste disposal facility, I have to come up with plans for the
long-term storage of liquid wastes.  While our short-lived liquids are being
handled in one way (stored in a decay-in-storage facility for ultimate disposal
to the sewer), we do not permit the use of the sewer as a primary means of
liquid waste disposal.  What are the rest of you who have to plan for long-term
liquid storage of liquids expecting to do?  Are you storing as liquids?  If so,
in what kind of containers?  Are you solidifying liquids right away?  Are you
storing liquids with the intent of sending them to SEG for incineration and
getting the ashes back?

I wait hopefully for creative solutions and inspiring ideas.

Sue Dupre/Health Physicist/Princeton University