calibration and compaction

From: shand

Thank you all very much for the information on setting up a
calibration facility - I cannot say enough about the professional

On the subject of Compaction:  Since the early 1980's to January
of 1994 one of our satellite facilities had operated a standard
kitchen compactor for disposal of radioactive solid waste, C-14,
H-3, and P-32.  As mentioned in one response the "cubes" were
convenient to handle and did amount to some small compaction of
waste.  However, the State Agency inspectors cited our license for
a violation to " Specific Terms and Conditions of License" regarding
the use of the compactor.  Our state license did not " authorize "
the use of such a device by any " users " under the license.

As of January of this year the device was put out of action by this
citation, and shall not be used again.

steve hand
umcp