Radioactive Waste Disposal; direct charge

	During a recent meeting of our faculty senate, we had a discussion
of direct costs and radioactive waste disposal.  Do any of your institutions
have researchers that have NIH or other grants in which the direct cost of
radioactive waste disposal is listed.  This would be much like animal costs
and other "line item" costs normally included in grants.

	A second question.  Do you charge your researchers for radioactive
waste disposal.  If so, how do you calculate the costs?  Are they based on
a per pound cost, per millicurie, or flat rate.

	In the past a similar question was disucced on this forum.  But, the
issue of getting granting agencies to defray the cost of disposal was not
discussed.

	I will be glad to provide the membership with a summary of the responsesI receive.  Please send your responses to me at:

	THOMAS@USUHS.USUHS.MIL
	Phone:  301-295-3246
	Fax:    301-295-3893

	Thanks in advance for your reply.