Re: Special Computer Applications session is scheduled!!

Would anyone be interested in seeing a spreadsheet application for shielding
for a diagnostic xray room??

It calculates lead and concrete thickness to controlled - non-controlled and
non-controlled plus 1 tvl.

It accepts as input a listing of as many different techinques as you care to
enter (I have used as many as 23) and it corrects each for the actual kVp
used - all may be of differing kVps; distances may differ as well.  It can
also combine fluoro, radiographic and cine.  It requires one sheet for each
unique barrier ie. a unique combination of distance and occupancy and
applicable techinques.

Agreement to NCRP tables is within 1 hvl.  Thus it is CLOSE ENOUGH for
REALISTIC calculations!

It is on an obsolete spreadsheet program - but that is irrelevant as it is
easy to translate to most any other.

I have also made a special version for low kVp and sheetrock - but it is not
as easy to use since I have not worked out an equation for kVp combination
are those energies - just haven't gotten around to it!

Basically, it works!

It also agrees well with "new tables" publish in the journal a few years
back by Simpson - I believe (I could be wrong on that name since I am typing
this "live" and am too lazy to get up and check the cite!).