Sewer Disposal: Nuclear Medicine Studies

When I asked yesterday about releases to the sewer from patients undergoing
nuclear medicine studies, I asked fully knowing that excreta from such patients
is exempt from sewer disposal regulation.  However, I was assuming that a medi-
cal institution might have some knowledge, for the sake of simply knowing it,
about how much its patients might release to the sewer.

Knowing about activity in excreta seemed useful because we hoped to point out,
if necessary, to anyone concerned about University releases that medical re-
leases considerably overshadowed our own.

Sue Dupre/Princeton University