S.F. Computer Meeting

Will it be possible to have telephone connections at the
meeting?  Our database runs under UNIX and my laptop doesn't.
Our database is written in Informix which is available as a
DOS program, but we only have the UNIX version.  If anyone
is interested in a database for multiuser or workstation use
Informix is pretty easy to use and develop in.  I am in the
process of porting from a mid 80's revision to a current
version.  We are rewriting many of the programs to take
advantage of improvements made over the last ten years.
Once it is ported, the new version allows exporting the
database.  The export dumps the data into ascii files as
do most export programs, but it also dumps the table
structures to SQL commands.  In principle, the files could
be easily ported to any SQL compliant database.  I bought
Foxpro thinking I could generate DOS versions with its SQL
capabilities, but I was surprised (their SQL consists of just
a few commands and does not have anything like a full
implementation).  Is anyone using a DOS SQL database?

Dale E. Boyce
dale@radpro.uchicago.edu