RE: Radiation effects (toxicity)

Wade Patterson and other members of the radsafe community ---

When I read your posting dealing with hormesis and then followed
later by the posting on repair I could not help but reread the
description given in the NCRP mailing about the Lauriston S. Taylor
Lecture No. 17, Science, Radiation Protection and the NCRP, given
by Dr. Warren K. Sinclair.

	He next addresses the issue of a threshold for effects and
	concludes that, "given the stochastic nature of the process,
	it is sounder to accept the non-threshold hypothesis and
	describe the risk as negligible at very low doses than to
	argue for a threshold."

Since hormesis and a threshold (isn't that what negligible means?)
are out, what chance is there that repair will ever be taken into
account?

Louis