Re: Biodegradable Scintillation Fluids

I agree with Sue.  Drain disposal is not a good idea, but the high
flashpoint and low volatility make them desirable.  We switch in
our group soon after they came on the market just so we wouldn't
have to smell the fumes.  Granted most of the "safe" cocktails still
have some odor, but it is not as strong.  I personally encourage
the use of "safe" cocktails.  We do not put any pressure on labs
to convert to their use.  At least not yet.

Dale