Re: Re[2]: Tritium Exit Signs

Fido-To: romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu!hpb.hwc.ca!gkr

 r> I remember a few years ago that a Canadian facility measured the
 r> Bremstraahlung x-rays from a tritium exit sign.  There was quite a
 r> lot of
 r> x-rays.  Anybody else tried this?

we've had a little experience with H-3 bremstraahling here at UIUC as a
result of "mishandling" of titanium-tritide foils.  we've detected it
on items ranging from glass vials to the window of a standard geiger
probe (an individual of questionable intelligence stuck the probe window
right on a foil and transfered about 300 mCi to the probe)  ;-)

j. brandon, UIUC health physics office
--- Maximus-CBCS v1.02
--- eecp 1.45 LM2

 * Origin: Check Source BBS (1:233/13)
--
HPS - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)