Re: Scint Counting

Contaminated sources can be a "source" of stress:)  Shortly after
receiving a 24,000 Curie Co-60 irradiator a few years ago, a leak
test came up hot.  A spectrum taken with the LSC indicated P-32
contamination.  We of course confirmed that there were no Co-60
gammas with a gamma spectroscopy system.  We still have an Am-241
source that repeatedly shows H-3 contamination.  The owner of the
source does not use tritium, so we have no idea from where the
contamination came.