Re: I-125, 131 sources

Melissa.Woo@p0.f13.n233.z1.fidonet.org (Melissa Woo) writes:

>Does anyone have the address/phone of a company that manufactures "mock"
I-125 and I-131 sources?  We need to generate a calibration curve for a
thyroid neck phantom, and would like sources with long half lives so that
we can perform regular calibrations.

Melissa, I can recommend you talk to Dr. Gary Kramer.  He runs a great
intercomparison/calibration service at:

	Health Canada
	Radiation Protection Bureau
	Human Monitoring Section
	(613) 954-6668
	fax (613) 957-1089

He manufactures anatomical neck phantoms and thyroid shaded radioiodine
sources which are reference to international standards.  He routinely loans
them out to Canadian licensees to check out or calibrate their system.

--
Richard Cawthorn  E-mail: aa661@freenet.carleton.ca
Atomic Energy Control Board, Canada