Re: "is Phil Rock still around?"

It is the kind of lunacy (my words not my employers) the Hazel has
been spreading that is the basis of my complaint ( well some of my
complaint).  Remember that the U of Chicago was featured in many of
her rediscoveries.  We were able to find a letter in the hand of one
of the principal investigators of one of the studies that she "reported".
The P.I. in a letter to an AEC official spelled out the informed consent
that they used.  Back in the 50's when doctors were little more than
barbers *^) they explained the risks and benefit to their patients.
Forty years later, because someone doesn't believe that forty years
ago people had ethics, we have a witch hunt.  Even if the written
documentation had been in place forty years ago, in all likelyhood
it would no longer exist today.

BBTW I have been told that the AMA has petitioned the NRC for rulemaking
to recognize I-131 therapies as safe to use.  I don't have the specific
wording.  One of my people saw it in the Federal Register on Gopher.
(Don, since I'll be out of the office the first part of next week, why
don't you post what you found.)

P.S.  For any one who doesn't recognize *^) as a cross eyed, tongue in
cheek smiley,  I meant no disrespect to the pioneers of nuclear medicine
, radiobiology, health physics, etc by my barber comment, just the
opposite.  Many professionals have essentially had their careers
slandered, and we owe them a debt of gratitude for the advances in
medicine and radiation protection that resulted from the bulk of
the work that was attacked in recent months.

Dale,
dale@radpro.uchicago.edu

I wish Terry Lash good luck, and I'm glad to be an Illinois agreement
state licensee.