Re: Natural background.

George,

>Jim makes some very sound points and I accept all of them, except the
>comments on the "new" units.

Please understand that I essentially agree with you, with my poor effort to
be somewhat facetious in recognizing the SI (1 dis/sec) basis for change!

I tend to be of the school (as I think I've said here before) that "foolish
consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds" (I used to know where this came
from) and that the SI rationale is real but just that (as though 37 billion
were not a perfectly acceptable baseline!)  And I _really mean_ I
_appreciate_ everyone who reports in cGy and cSv! which I consider a wonder
little twist of rebellion to the powers that changed these units!

>Thanks Jim, I herewith amend my posting.
>Any more comments, responses, ...

Right. (Except for Pat Beyer; we know where he stands!? :-)
Does anyone have good or starting point "fact sheet", or other public
handout materials on basics that could/should be the basis for a good
series? How about a list of topics as a starting point?
(Hector: What about files on the radsafe list? I may have missed your
response to this question while I was gone a few weeks ago.)

>George Anastas

Thanks, George.
Regards, Jim Muckerheide