Re: Nuclear Batteries -Reply

FYI--- SNAP used PU-238 in a berylium holder assembly.  Pressed up against
the PU were multiple thermocouple units - thermopiles.  The cold side of the
thermopile was maintained by a berylium shell and radiating fins.

The SNAP 27 (one of which is up on the moon powering instruments) produces
70 watts electrical power.  (and as I recall was 27 inches tall - according
to my recollection that seems about correct).

I still haven't begun to dig for whatever info/drawings I may have - a
considerable project!