dose calc

A Dr. Howard Vogel told me recently that an experiment he did in Oak Ridge several years ago showed that exposure of rats over a long period of time caused
much higher rates of mammary cancer than the same exposure over a short period.
He says this is the opposite of what is known to occur with gamma ray exposures.I thought a rem was a rem. If not what good is this method of calculating the
biological damage done to an organism?
Frame and Simpson: I need to contact Sid Jones about a physics lab (457-4001)
          rwilliams@pstcc.cc.tn      How did I do on final?