Re: Future Disposal Costs

This is a semirational approach....
I was employed by Maine Yankee as radwaste supervisor for almost 18 months.
During the entire time we were in an interim storage condition.  This is due
to the political structure in the state.  I simply used the latest Chem-Nuclear
price list and priced in the "add-ons" such as transportation, packages, casks,
liners, etc. and came up with the following:
$426.00 per cubic foot of Class A unstable waste, and
$866.00 per cubic foot of Class B or C waste.
We accrued monies based on the rate of generation into a future disposal fund.
Hope this helps...

Charles Smith smithch01.delphi.com