Financial Assurance for educational institutions.

Our friends at the Radiation Control Division of State Health have
announced that we must carry "financial assurance" in the event that we go
out of business, or choose to dispose of the several (small) sources of
fissile material onsite.

This would make sense to me if we were certifying welds with gamma sources,
or similar.  In reality, we never plan on going out of business, and the
sources will be useful for a VERRRRY long time to come.

Have other colleges and/or universities had to put up said "financial
assurance," and if so, how was it accomplished?

Thanks in advance.

John

*John DeLaHunt, EH&S      *The Colorado College       *
*jdelahunt@cc.colorado.edu*1125 Glen Avenue           *
*hazmat-owner@csn.org     *Colorado Springs, CO  80905*
*VOX: (719)389-6678       *FAX: (719)635-3177         *
    This information is worth what you paid for it
            and is hereby disclaimed.