Approved Internal Dosimetry Services.Questions.

Hello,
 in Italy is now under review the radiation protection regulation and several
drafts are circulating for comments. Last draft is based on 1990 ICRP 60
Recommendations and on a draft of a CEC Directive that is in accordance to ICRP
60. So I was asked to review international state regulations related to approval
of services for internal dosimetry. This is now absent in Italy and at my
knowledge is now been introduced in the Swiss legislation (Rad. Prot.Dos. 53,95,
1994). I also know that in Great Britain are operating APPROVED Dosimetry
Services.
 Can someone give me some informations about the following questions ?

 - In your country how is the authority which gives the approval for the
internal dosimetry service? Is the Regulatory Commission ?

 - How many proofs and type of proofs must submit an internal dosimetry centre
to be an approved one? It is possible to try several times?

	- The approved internal dosimetry centre is responsible, over the in-vivo
measurements and bioassay, also of the assessment of the committed effective
dose ? If yes, which are the responsabilities of the local health physicist or
qualified expert ? [In fact in Italian legislation the evaluation of external
effective dose is a peculiarity of the qualified expert, so, by analogy,
assessment of internal dose, that is much more dependent on actual exposure way
and times, shoul be entrusted only to a qualified expert (or a local health
physicist ).]

Thank in advance for any information provided.

Carlo-Maria Castellani
Rad. Prot Institute ENEA
Bologna - Italy